Friday, September 6, 2013

Andhra style Poached egg curry

This is my first non-veg recipe that I am going to post. My husband do not like eating chicken and meat. Though he likes fish and egg. And I am not very fond of fish and I am allergic to egg . My allergy is as such that it only occurs when I have cold. So, I avoid having egg quite often. This is main reason why even though I like chicken I do not cook it as my husband would complain of the smell. Today, after a span of about 1 and 1/2 years I cooked non-veg at home. I was suppose to make egg curry and my husband wanted me to make Egg omelet curry but I tried a new variation of it. The egg poach curry has its origin in Andhra. It uses traditional curry leaves and coconut. But, I have tried a little different variation without coconut we are not fond coconut in this curry.

In this curry the egg poach is directly made in curry itself, letting egg poach in curry gravy, but I was scared to try this technique as this could mix the egg in gravy. I have poached egg separately and then added it to the gravy. Well, if you have the egg poach vessel, then your gravy would look even better.  Here goes the recipe.



Ingredients:

Eggs-4
Onions-2(big)
Tomato-1
Green chillies-2(chopped)
Ginger Garlic Paste-1 tsp
Curry leaves few
Salt to taste
Chilli powder-1 tsp
Jeera Coriander powder-1 tsp
Garam Masala-1/2 tsp
Turmeric litttle pinch
Oil-2 tsp
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
Jeera-1/2 tsp
Coriander chopped-1/2 cup



Method:

Poach egg in poach vessel or separately as convenient for you and keep aside.
Take wide pan and heat it.When it gets heat add the oil,mustard seeds,jeera  when the mustards start to pop add the chopped green chillies and curry leaves.


To this add the chopped onions and turmeric and cook until the onions turns transparant.
Now add the ginger garlic paste and fry it until the raw smell goes. Add curry leaves.
Add the chopped tomatoes to this cover with lid and cook in low flame for 2 to 3 minutes.


After that remove the cover and add all the spices garam masala,jeera dhaniya powder,Chilli powder and salt mix it well and add 1 cup or more cups of water and cook this for 5 minutes. When the gravy is almost done add the poached egg, cover and cook for 5 to 7 mins. Serve hot with steamed rice.




No comments:

Post a Comment