Thursday, October 10, 2013

samak ke chawal ka pulao

Hi Readers,

This Navaratri, I tried lot of varieties unlike any other year. I really loved the fasting & feasting this year, so many varieties. Three more days o go and I am super excited for it. I hope I can still make lot more varieties and enjoy the fasting food. Today, I had prepared Samak ke chawal ka pulao(this is actually a fruit from of grass that looks like a coarsely ground rice). Taste wise also it is similar to rice and it has many health benefits). You can simply cook like any dalia or steam it just like rice. I tried a recipe just to have a little variation and change n taste.


Ingredients :-
100 gms Samak ka chawal
1 potato chopped into small pieces
1 green chili chopped
sendha namak/salt as per taste
finely chopped coriander
1/2 tbsp pepper powder (optional)
1 tbsp ghee 
1 cadamom stick
1 clove 
1 tbsp cumin seeds (otional)



Method :- 
Heat ghee in a pan, add cumin seeds ( I have not added it, it is as per faith, some abstain from cumin seeds). If you want add it, let it splutter, then add green chili, potato and cook till potatoes turn little brown. Add Samak ka chawal, followed by pepper powder, sendha namak and add enough water to let it cook. Cook till Samak is cooked. Add chopped coriander leaves and serve with chutney.


No comments:

Post a Comment